My Journey in Meditation


Any Quiet Place Will Do



First, I find a place where I can be still and quiet with no distractions. This could be in my room, on the beach, in the woods, out in the yard or even in my car parked away from other cars in a large parking lot somewhere in the city. I sit with my eyes closed and tell myself that I want to go to my secret place. I call it home. I prepare to take this journey in meditation with an uplifted heart, because I always feel such joy when I return.

Quieting my mind is the hardest part. I’m always thinking of something, and I must keep telling myself to stop. Even though I do this sometimes for 2 to 5 minutes thinking that it’s just impossible, I keep at it. Whenever a thought pops up, I say, “Be quiet, listen”. Eventually, my mind is still and I begin to listen to the sounds around me, or just to the quiet itself. The sounds of birds are a big draw as well as insects. They steady my mind.

Once my mind quiets down, I concentrate on the space around me. I can feel how it expands and grows. It’s kind of like a dizziness, but a pleasant one. Soon it’s as if there’s nothing solid. Even the chair upon which I sit feels less solid and more like particles with empty space in between. I can feel the vibration of the things I may be touching. I realize that there is more space than solid mass surrounding me.

I see that nothing is what it appears to be. Everything, including my body, is stationed within this endless space, and all is of itself filled with space between its molecules. If I happen to be on the 2nd floor or above of a house or building, it seems as if I were just floating in midair. But all is well because I’m fixed to this position by some unknown force.

Then the Journey Begins


Soon, I begin to feel movement. My body becomes even lighter and filled with space, even to the point of not feeling it at all. Then somehow, I begin travelling, as if in the back of a vehicle. Sometimes fast and sometimes slow. The waves of space zoom past me and I go to another point inside this endless space. I understand that time exist within that certain point inside this space, and that each event in my life occurs on a different plain of time. The space itself is timeless and endless. Somehow, I know this is true.

With my eyes closed I begin to see shapes and colors move towards me. I always see blue first, and in my mind, I say hello to Mr. Blue. He’s my main visitor. The color moves and flows as I breath and I know it’s him. I can sometimes even make out his shadowy face, but I’m not afraid. On the contrary, I’m so grateful and pleased to see him. I see Mr. Green, Mr. Purple, sometimes Mr. Red. But mostly Mr. Blue.

Messages from the Spirit Guides


As I grow evermore grateful and thankful for what’s happened in my life thus far, I express these thoughts to Mr. Blue and the others. My eyes tear up and my heart grows huge with the feelings of wonder, awe and especially of love. I know the Universe is with me and that everything is as it should be. I can no longer chastise myself, because my purpose in this life is being fulfilled. I recognize this, even though I may not agree with it presently. I feel nothing but love, caring and support from my guides. On this journey, the lyrics to the song “Your Secret Garden” pops into my head.

If you think I’m gonna be good to you
If you think I like what you do, show you right
If you think I’m gonna take care of you
If you think I’ve got what you need, show you right

~ Quincy Jones

In the moment, I know for certain that that is the message from my Spirit Guides and from the Universe itself. It happens in just that way. Sometimes in words, sometimes in songs played inside my head, and sometimes in the world around me. For more on that, see a later post for the article regarding Signs from the Spirit Realm.

The Greatest of Gifts


Once I’m surrounded by my guides, I’m instructed to breath deeply. With each deep breath, I absorb the feeling of being filled with knowledge and of being lifted. My being becomes lighter than air and peace descends. I know that once I return, I’ll know what to do and how to do it. Even though I may have doubted before this meditation session, the fear is now gone and, in its place, trust, faith and an overwhelming love.

The Universe has entered in. And all is well. I’m on the right path and headed in the right direction. It can be no other way. I soon begin to feel the tingling in my fingers and toes and I realize that I’m back from my journey. If I could, I’d stay there until eternity. In all actuality, I truly am there now, but I must experience this material world and therefore I must forget the true reality of being out of this time contained within an endless space. But again, all is well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visit to Downtown Atlanta

Writing - A New Freedom? Yes Indeed...